At Bridgewater Acceptances Ltd we take the issue of the privacy and security of your personal information (our data) and our duties under Data Protection laws and regulations, very seriously. Any personal data collected by Bridgewater Acceptances Ltd will only be processed in accordance with GDP guidelines.
This Introduction sets out how and why Bridgewater Acceptances Ltd processes the personal data (that is, information by which an individual can be identified) collected by us in the course of our lawful activities, in accordance with Data Protection laws. This policy has been put in to place to protect your rights under the Data Protection laws and it is important that you understand what we will do with your data and are happy with this.
References to the processing of your information includes the collection, use, storage and protection of data. Bridgewater Acceptances Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of this policy, and the policy extends to its staff, and all those processing data within Bridgewater Acceptances Ltd.
The Processing of your data:
- We will only use the personal data you provide to us to process and underwrite your application for finance. We will only collect and process your personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so.
- By signing your application form Declaration and Consent you have given your permission to Bridgewater Acceptances to collect and process your personal data and for this information to be used as part of the decision making process.
- We will update our records if you inform us that your personal details have changed.
- We will safely store your personal data in our paper folders, (see point 5) and delete all personal data stored on our computers once the data has been used for the purposes outlined in point 1 above.
- In accordance with our obligations under General Data Protection, we will keep secure your personal data provided in paper form for a minimum period of 5 years after your loan has been funded and a minimum of 2 years should your application not be successful.
- Any card or bank details supplied will be shredded or deleted straight after the details have been used for the purposes it was supplied.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of this data please write to the Data Controller, Bridgewater Acceptances Ltd, 1st Floor, 118, Bury New Road, Whitefield, Manchester, M45 6AD
You have the right to stop the processing of your data at any time, should you request for us to stop our underwriting procedures your request must be in writing and signed by yourself in your own handwriting. I am sure that you will appreciate it will not be possible to make a decision on your application without the information and data we may request from you.
It is in your interest at all times to take the appropriate professional advice regarding your finance requirements and your rights under the General Data Protection legislation.